Pfeuferstr. 36 • 81373 München (Munich)
Short Stories by Roger Partridge
Here are some of the short stories I have written:
- 1984 – in Pilsen
- Over the years – both before and after the Velvet Revolution – I have often visited Czechoslovakia / the Czech Republic but only ever stopped once in Pilsen; so this is an attempt to make amends to the capital of West Bohemia; published 2005 in the British Czech and Slovak Review.
- Two Thousand Miles from Home
- Written after working as an "industrial expert" in southern Iraq, 2003; published 2007 in the British Czech and Slovak Review.
- Barbarella Translated
- I work occasionally as a translator, but among my colleagues have never ever come across anybody like Barbara!
- Chance is a Fine Thing
- – or Playing Machiavelli is not for Beginners
- Written after a visit to an adventure playground with my eldest grandson.
- Love Story
- or Why Don't Romantic Relationships Come with a 2 Year Guarantee?
This is a chance to read the short stories on the following pages or to download them free of charge.
In case you do download them, please abide by the licence conditions.
I certainly hope you like one or the other of them, and when you have finished why not return to the page of the story concerned and leave a comment?